The ISPS Handa New Zealand Open is a cornerstone event on the PGA Tour of Australasia and has now also entered into a partnership with the Japan Golf Tour Organisation which will result in fifteen leading professional golfers from the Japan tour playing in the tournament.
The tournament will include a minimum field of 140 amateurs and 140 professionals playing alongside one another. The professional golfers will compete for the ISPS Handa New Zealand Open title whilst simultaneously a pairing of one professional and one amateur will play a best-ball format for the New Zealand Pro-Am Championship.
The field will be split across Millbrook Resort and The Hills for the first round of competition with all players alternating to the other course for the second round.
After the second round the top 60 + ties professionals will continue to the final two rounds of the tournament to be played at Millbrook Resort.
For the Pro-Am teams, the top 40 pairings will progress to compete in round three at Millbrook Resort, before a third round cut will see the top 10 Pro-Am teams progress to the final round at Millbrook Resort.
About the ISPS Handa New Zealand Open
- The tournament is a sanctioned Tier One event on the ISPS Handa PGA Tour of Australasia
- A professional field of 144 players will play the first two rounds alternately at Millbrook Resort and The Hills before the second round cut of 60 + ties
- The final two rounds of the championship will be played at Millbrook Resort
- The ISPS Handa New Zealand Open Champion will be the leading player after 72 holes of stroke play
- The tournament also hosts 144 amateur players, each partnering with a Professional in a two-man best-ball event, competing for the ISPS Handa NZ Pro-Am Championship