Harris Mountains Heli-ski guides skiers and snowboarders to the choicest snow and terrain New Zealand has to offer.
Operating for more than three decades, the team has many years of experience in heli-ski guiding, mountaineering and alpine flying both locally and internationally.
The Southern Alps is a world above and beyond all others. Stand on the edge of a big, snow covered country, click in and take a deep breath of pure mountain air before gliding into exhilaration!
Your guide will take you to the best snow conditions the day has to offer. Wether this is your first time heli-skiing, or you're a max vert regular, your guide will find the best terrain for your ability level. Ideally, you will be at least an intermediate skier or snowboarder, with a sense of adventure.
Harris Mountains Heliski (HMH) is Qualmark rated and has exclusive access to extensive terrain in Queenstown, Wanaka and Mount Cook.
A Day Heli-skiing:
- Confirm your reservation 6pm the day before, then get a good night's sleep!
- HMH checks the weather and calls you to confirm. If weather conditions preclude flying, you can reschedule for the next day.
- HMH will pick you up and take you to the staging area where you’re introduced to your pilot, guide and fellow heli-skiers.
- A safety briefing is given covering avalanche transceivers, helicopter and mountain safety.
- You'll then fly off for the first heli-ski run of the day.
- Stop at lunchtime for a gourmet buffet lunch with the group, you'll have some time to relax and replenish your energy levels.
- After lunch, jump back on the skis/ board and heli-ski the afternoon away!